Deluxe Chocolate (Avocado) Mousse
Most of you are by now familiar with the concept of using avocado instead of cream to create a delicious chocolate mousse. Avocado chocolate mousse contains an abundance of nutrients to support energy levels and keep you satiated. Just ensure you make enough to share with a friend!
Recipe serves 2-4
- 2 Ripe Avocados
- ¼ – ½ c plant based or cow’s milk (adjust for desired thickness)
- 40gms raw cacao powder
- ½ t vanilla extract
- 1t honey, agave, maple or date syrup for extra sweetness if desired
- Pinch of sea salt
- Optional toppings
- Fresh or dried raspberries
- Shredded coconut
- Cacao nibs
- Place all ingredients (you may need to adjust the amount of milk for desired thickness) for chocolate mousse into a blender or food processor.
- Mix until smooth and creamy. It will look just like ‘chocolate mousse’.
- Spoon into small bowls or glasses and decorate with raspberries and shredded coconut or cacao nibs.
- Keep cool in the fridge.
- Enjoy as dessert or in between meals as an energy boosting snack!