Bone Broth (Selina’s recipe)
- 2 organic chicken frames (Bostocks chicken frames) – available from some butchers or https://bostocksorganic.co.nz/shop/. Alternatively can use left over chicken bones from roast chicken. Alternatively can use beef bones, fish frames.
- 3 cloves of garlic (optional)
- ½ tsp. whole peppercorns
- ¼ tsp. ground turmeric
- 1 inch piece of ginger (optional)
- 4-5 kaffir lime leaves (optional)
- Optional – add 2 chopped stalks celery, small bunch of parsley.
Add all ingredients into slow cooker, with 2 L of water. Slow cook for 12-15 hours. Strain broth, store liquid in the fridge/ freezer.
If making over the stove – bring to a boil, then simmer for 6 hours. Strain liquid and store.
To drink add salt and pepper to taste, or use instead of water in soups and stews.