IV Infusion / Nutritional Therapy
IV therapy can assist your immune system and improve your health. IV nutrients are delivered directly into your bloodstream via a drip, bypassing your digestive system to improve the absorption rate of the vitamins and nutrients.
IV Nutritional Therapies available at the Holistic Medical Centre are:
- IV Vitamin C : can aid recovery e.g. pre & post surgery, jetlag, assist with fatigue, acute infection and immune boosting.
- IV Iron (IV Ferinject / Venofer) : can improve iron deficiency states where there are issues with mal-absorption, intolerance or non-responsive to oral replacement
- IV Magnesium: can improve asthma, migraines, insomnia, anxiety, muscle cramps and fibromyalgia
- IV Zinc: can improve immune support, promote fertility and assist with mal-absorption states
- Myers: a multi vitamin and mineral infusion which can assist with athletic performance & recovery, cardiovascular disease, fatigue, dymenoorrhea, chronic migraines, withdrawal, tension headaches
You will need to be seen by one of our GPs prior to any IV’s being administered. This is to assess your needs and ensure this is the right treatment for you, check there are no clinical contra-indicators and provide additional information about what the procedure involves. If this is the right treatment for you the GP will chart the IVs required and you can then book in to have your IV treatment at a time that suits you.
If you are not a regular patient and we do not have recent bloods on file this may involve having bloods done before the IV can be charted.
Any questions please call and discuss with the reception staff / nurse.