IV Infusion / Nutritional Therapy
IV therapy can assist your immune system and can improve your health. IV nutrients are delivered directly into your bloodstream via a drip, bypassing your digestive system to improve the absorption rate of the vitamins and nutrients.
Depending on your individual requirements, our GPs will tailor your therapy so that you receive the maximum benefit.
IV Nutritional Therapies available at the Holistic Medical Centre are:
- Vitamin C : can aid recovery e.g. pre & post surgery, jetlag, fatigue, acute infection and immune boosting
- Iron: can improve iron deficiency states where there are issues with mal-absorption , intolerance or non-responsive to oral replacement
- Magnesium: can improve asthma, migraines, insomnia, anxiety, muscle cramps and fibromyalgia
- Zinc: can improve immune support, promote fertility or assist with mal-absorption states
- Myers – a multi vitamin and mineral infusion: can assist with athletic performance & recovery, cardiovascular disease, fatigue, dymenoorrhea, chronic migraines, withdrawal, tension headaches
You will need to be seen by one of our GP’s prior to any IV’s being administered. This is to assess your needs, ensure this is the right treatment for you, check there are no clinical contra-indicators and provide additional information about what the procedure involves. If this is the right treatment for you the GP will chart the IVs required and you can then book in to have your IV treatment at a time that suits you.
If you are not a regular patient and we do not have recent bloods on file this may involve having bloods done before the IV can be prescribed.
Any questions please call and discuss with the reception staff / nurse.