Holistic Medical Centre
Integrating Science and Nature…a healthier approach to healthcare
Information for Patients: Covid19 & Services
The health of our patients, staff and community is important to us. We are open and will continue to provide essential health services during this time.
- If you have a fever, cough or shortness of breathe and / or think you may have been exposed to Coronavirus please do not come into the practice. Call 09 370 0650 and dial 1 for our nurse. If they advise you to see a doctor or come in for a test we will arrange for you to be assessed in isolation
- We are experiencing very high volumes of calls so please be patient. For general information regarding Covid19 please follow government advice, self-isolate / social distance and wash hands, please see www.covid19.govt.nz for more information. We recommend you stop taking all anti-inflammatory medication e.g. Celebrex, Diclofenac, ibuprofen, prednisone etc. If you wish to discuss this with your doctor please call to make a 15 min phone consultation.
- The majority of GP consultations will be phone consultations. If you think you need to be seen face to face please call Dial 1 for nurse triage prior to your appointment time or advise reception at the time of booking and they will arrange for telephone nurse triage prior to your appointment. Usual fees will apply. If you wish to cancel your booked consultation please respond to the appointment reminder text as per usual or call reception.
- To keep you safe and minimize the risk of transition if you are asked to come in for a consultation please arrive and call reception 09 370 0650 from the car park, do not come into the practice. The nurse will then advise you if you are to be seen in the car or they will escort you into the practice.
- Flu vaccines and immunizations will be available. Currently high-risk patients are being prioritized for flu vaccines as per Ministry of Health
- We will continue to be able to provide repeat scripts by phoning into the practice or via the patient portal. All scripts will be sent to a pharmacy.
- Non- essential health service consultations or services may be cancelled, this will include most IV’s and B12’s.
- Naturopath consultations will be cancelled until 28th April. Please re-book for after this date. We will advise you if this changes.
- If you have a cold please self-isolate, get plenty of sleep, hydrate well and eat lightly until you improve. If you do not improve after 2-3 days please call for advice.
- Portal: Just to add to the madness we commenced our planned IT system change last week prior to these developments were are still doing some work on the portal, including being able to book appointments. We are working on this so if you have problems using it and can wait a few days please try again then. If it is more urgent please call reception on 09 370 0650
- Supplements: leaving the house to purchase these is not considered an essential health service during a pandemic so until further notice you will not be able to come into the practice to purchase supplements. As long as our couriers continue to be available and we have stock you can order your supplements to be couriered to you by phoning reception 09 370 0650. Please be aware some supplements are currently out of stock with our suppliers.
Take care of yourselves and each other. To contain Covid19 and return to usual as soon as possible stay at home as much as possible during the lockdown period. We are in this together 😊
The Holistic Medical Team
We welcome new patients to the practice. If you wish to make an appointment with one of our GPs or Naturopaths please call reception on 09 370 0650.
If you would like to find out more sign up to our bi-monthly newsletter below.
Manage your health online
- book Naturopath appointments
- book 30min GP appointments (for 15min or longer appointments please call reception)
- order repeat prescriptions; and
- access your lab results
To sign up you will need your NHI number. We text this to patients who were on the previous portal so please check your texts otherwise please call reception 09 370 0650 and request.
- Please allow up to 60 mins for an initial consultation with the Naturopath and 30 mins (or longer if required) for a follow up consultation
- Please allow 45 mins for New Patient GP appointment and 30 mins for a consultation with one of our GPs
- For Psychology appointments please see details on the relevant tab under Our Team